Thread: powerplay stuff
View Single Post
Old
10-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Melrose_Jr.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash the Net View Post
True, but my statement was not meant to be about Jagr and sorry if it sounds that way. I'm talking about the people who said Jagr affected Rozsival's decision to shoot. Whereas, it's exactly opposite, because Rozsival has never been a big shooter. Even in Pittsburgh without Jagr in his early years. He needs to shoot the ****ing puck.
Could be other factors though. With Redden now taking his PP role, and Girardi showing that he's capable of generating offense from the poinnt, seems like Rozy's role with the man advantage is reduced. Probably hard to change your strategy right out of the box too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
so far, his passing has been top notch. he continues to impress me doing things i never expected him to do, like take the body, stand up for teammates, backcheck and make pretty setup passes. his goals may be highlite reel stuff but his real value so far has been less obvious.
Agreed. Amusing to think back to Brooks' article on the second day of camp outlining "The Turnover" and his attempts to poison the well of public opinion with regards to Zherdev.

On the PP in general though, a bunch of these goals came with a 2 man advantage and with a fair bit of extra room to operate. I still need to see more success on an NHL sheet before I can say that the strategy has turned the corner.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote