View Single Post
Old
06-28-2004, 01:15 PM
Kirk Muller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie
I think that Bonk will eventually end up being the number 2 center, not the 3rd line. Then again, Julien might not be able to do that due to the fact that Ribs can't check his ass with both hands. Mooch, that is a sweet line up you came up with, but I have to agree with Bileur, that it is pretty soft. We certainly don't need Rivet and Souray doing all the fighting for the team. We need to get ourselves a good enforcer, just in case things get a little dirty. Komo doesn't seem to be the fighting type, but he might drop the gloves, I just haven't seen it yet. Whats up with Langdon anyways? I thought he did an excellent job last year. Why aren't we keeping him?

The Bonk line will in essence be the second line because of how Julien runs a bench. He tries to get Ribeiro out against weaker lines and less offensive lines than his own because of Ribeiro's defensive shortcomings. The whole line 1-2 are offensive and 3-4 are checkers goes out the window. You'll probably see Bonk and Koivu get 18-20 minutes a game, Ribeiro 15-16 minutes, and fourth will get the rest.

Bonk simply might not get the offensive weapons although I think him and Bulis could form a decent duo and put up some decent numbers for their role as a two way line, not a shut down line because I think there is offensive potential.