Thread: WCHA Thread
View Single Post
Old
10-03-2008, 11:41 AM
RabidBadger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmitchell19 View Post
My Blues tangled with the Maple Leafs twice during the preseason, and the vibe I got from Leafs message boards was that J. Mitchell was looking good for them as a 4th-line option. Take that for whatever it's worth.

Also, out of curiosity...did Travis Erstad's decision to play at UW-Stevens Point even register on the UW-Madison radar for the upcoming season? It caused a mini-furor among the Blues' faithful.
That's a different John Mitchell that plays for Toronto. I think he's Canadian and played Juniors. The Badger Mitchell is a home grown player.

The fans on the Badger boards, who usually know player movements before the players themselves, were all over the Erstad situation in September. It's too bad from a fans standpoint because he is the type of player they love in Madison and it will surely delay his development, but no one really held it against him because Madison didn't seem like a good fit for him. After Hagemo, Gagner and Wiercioch UW fans are pretty used to high profile verbal commitments bailing.

Yeah, RabidHusky, the media is not showing any love for St. Cloud. I like INCHs assessment better (I think they come here to read our posts for their material, personally). If the defense is reliable 2nd in conference wouldn't be out of the question.

Last edited by RabidBadger: 10-03-2008 at 02:58 PM.
RabidBadger is offline   Reply With Quote