View Single Post
Old
10-05-2008, 09:29 AM
flyersfan97

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
He is not?

He is minus 3 in 2 games with 2G and 2A. That includes one empty net goal on PP against Washington, one fluke assist when Richards scored and second fluke assist on a a goal scored by Gagne. The rest of the time he was invisible. He does not check players because he is too small, he does not play good in his own zone 5 on 5 because I do not know why, he also does not PK. If not for Mike Richards (who always pushes and leaves everything on the ice) Danny would not have a good game. So nothing really changed and that is unacceptable. Now go back to stats list and yap all you want.

He plays with Gagne and Richards. I hope he would show some d-vse abilities..

And I said it before he actually scored that 3 goal. I am waiting for him to step up as well as other players Hartnell & Upshall and their dumb penalties as well Carter.
I think you are missing one of the reasons why he is playing with Gagne and Richards. He is playing with them for precisely the reason you say, because they will pick up the defensive slack.

Again, Danny Briere was not signed to this team because of his two-way ability. He was signed to score goals, set-up other players and help our dismal powerplay--which he did. They went from last in the league to second in the league on the PP. Having Briere on the top unit of said PP unit was a huge reason for that improvement.

He averaged 2 pts. per game in the pre-season. I hardly call that dismal and 'not stepping it up.'

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote