Bulis - Bonk - Sundstrom
B - Begin - Ward

Markov - Rivet
Souray - Komisarek
Bouillon - Brisebois
Hainsey

Theodore
Huet

A: This spot will be awarded to the best of Dagenais, Hossa, Plekanec, Higgins or Kastsitsyn. I think they will all be fighting for that spot and CJ will award it to the one that he believes fits it best.

B: This spot will either be given to a goon that Gainey brings in (whether its Langdon or anybody else), a UFA like Laperierre or one of the young guys that played well in camp but didnt earn the 2nd line LW spot.

Perezhogin's possible NHL suspension could play a role, I could see him taking that 2nd line spot if hes allowed to play in the NHL.

I personally believe Gainey will try to bring in a first line player for Koivu, whether its Kovalev or not is too hard to predict at the moment. There will be some interesting non qualified players that could potentially fill the void. Its about time Koivu is given real talent to play with and not checking line players or players breaking into the NHL. Hes entering his prime and he needs players to complement his great vision and style and I'm sure a class act like Gainey will deal with that.

On another point, I dont see CJ trying to play players like Higgins, Hossa or Bulis on the right wing never having played there. Bulis may be able to, but you cant ask a rookie to adjust to a new position and to the NHL at the same time.

And about Sundstrom. I think we will see him back because we will need an experienced player to work on the PK. We will be losing Juneau, Dackell and possibly Dowd, so we need some experience in the PK department. Bulis and Bonk should have a regular role on the PK, while Begin, Ward and Koivu can complement the PK, but not lead it. I think for that reason Sundstrom will be back. Him and Bulis are great together in that role.

Last edited by Thomas: 06-29-2004 at 01:16 AM.