View Single Post
Old
10-06-2008, 04:05 AM
Qui Gon Dave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafer View Post
So far so good. Grabs finishes with 8 points in 8 games, and a 4 game goal streak (I believe).

They mentioned on the broadcast tonight that for a small-ish guy, he's not afraid of the corners. Now I didn't see him play for the Habs last season, so maybe it's something he worked on over the summer.

But he's not a softie. He took a stick to the face took 40 stitches or something and was back the same game and played the next game as well, didn't miss a beat. Not a huge deal, but it showed that he's committed.
Nope, he's been like that for a while. IIRC, he got an injury in his first Habs training camp, I think he went face first into the boards/glass but carried on. In Hamilton, he was a little quiet on occasion, but there were plenty of times he got knocked down, got back up and stuck in right away, or stuck up for himself. The year the Dogs won the Calder Cup, one player much bigger than him cheap shotted Grabs to the ice in the playoffs. He got back up, dropped the gloves and fought. He wasn't too good in the fight, but that's not the issue. I think I remember him squaring up to someone 6'7/6'8 in the regular season as well, although there was nothing more than pushing and shoving. It might have been Brian Sipotz, although I could be mistaken.

I hope he does very well for you guys. He finally has a really good chance to show what he can do and when he is on his game, he can do an awful lot with the puck. There wasn't room for him on our team anymore, it seemed, so for the team to get such a good return for him is very good for the Habs. In that regard, I'm not sad to see him go. But I was/am a fan of his so I'm a little sorry to see him have this chance with another team, especially the Leafs, but I can deal with that as the Habs are in better shape now. Hopefully he learned well with the Habs and can now help the Leafs thrash the Bruins on a regular basis