View Single Post
Old
10-06-2008, 09:57 AM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
You forgot that part about Savard calling you and you going to his place to calm him down.
otoh, I'm not 85 and have my ego just about under control. If I didn't I could count on you to do a Mike Boone column beside mine.

You know, Fisher's done this routine since I can remember. I remember listening to games on CBC radio when I was a kid and he'd sell himself with that, 'I'm above the fray' attitude.

I think Red's fast ball has slowed down to Bill Lee like velocity, but just for the connection to the team's history, I'm glad his Saturday page is still there. I don't see much relevance to be honest, and I know we've talked about it/him before, but I do read it on Saturday's.

During one of the press conferences, long before Carbo had his deal renewed, Fisher asked him directly about it. You could tell it was a subject Carbo wanted to avoid, and he looked at Fisher and said, 'only you Red'. At least someone still asks the questions now and again. It often has as much relevance as the 2 of us rambling about how popsicles used to be a nickel, but it doesn't make us extinct.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote