View Single Post
Old
10-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
Wilson recently went on record and said that Grabovski is going to be a very good player for the Maple Leafs. Not only do I agree with him, but I am more inclined to take his word for it then anyone on HF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThePeople View Post
He certainly is. No doubt in my mind. Name similar players to Grabovski in terms of skill level that have plenty of question marks surrounding them heading into the season.
Nobody has ever said anything as far as his talent is concerned. It's his ability to put everything together, his toughness and endurance as far as being pushed around and hit so often that we had some question marks about him.

So most people would think that he could have a decent career.

As far as comparing players and showing what icetime and confidence could do to a player well I do remember what a certain Jonas Hoglund did for you guys. Was playing on the first line until the Leafs didn't fine anything better and did the job until then. But ended up losing his spot anyway.

As far as expecations after a fine preseason, while it wasn't at that extent, I also remember the hype for a certain Alexander Suglobov.....

Not comparing Grabovski's talent to both Hoglund and Suglobov but just to explain how a player when given some great icetime could end up doing the job anyway while not being unreplaceable. And also to be extremely cautious not to overrated a player due to preseason. Grabovski could indeed transform this into something. But now while he had something to prove though nobody expected anything that much, now because of a great preseason, comes the expectations. We'll see how he handle that. But it's better to be "stuck" and have expectations for a guy like him than to expect the world out of guys with no talent....And because of the same reason, I wouldn't think that Steen and Stajan are borderline 4th liners due to their preseason either....