View Single Post
Old
10-06-2008, 01:17 PM
Ri hards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable View Post
Yeah, I can see that. I don't know what schools you're looking at, but my assumption would be that they're the schools with highly competitive students who want to be in the top 10%, and who run really tough 1L courses to put pressure on their students. So, I don't know, maybe something about an impressive achievement or rising to meet and overcome a challenge?

And for the love of God get yourself instate tuition or a scholarship. This is not a great time to be going deep into debt. (Unless runaway inflation wipes out the debt, wheeeee! Ohdeargodhelpusall.)
The beauty of Candian Law Schools for domestic students is the cost. My first choice of McGill will cost $7300 a year for tuition. Second and third choice University of British Columbia and University of Alberta would cost $10,000 and $12,000 respectively.

I really want to throw in ridiculous anecdote from one of my assistant coaches that he dropped at an Atom House tournament. "If you never do another thing in your life, you remember you won this tournament." Sure it sounds good to a bunch of 8 year olds but the adults were all cracking up. "What? You're not going to accept me to University?? But, but I won the Bobby Love tournament, you HAVE to let me in!" I'm not too sure if that's too informal.