View Single Post
Old
10-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Ri hards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable View Post
Ah, Canada! I looked at McGill but since I'm not bilingual it wasn't an option. (Parents have a place in Montreal, my brother is an undergrad, all of us are Canadian Residents.) That's what I get for not looking at the Canadian flag next to your posts!

Heck of a good school for the price. I'm a little surprised that your numbers are competative there, but I don't really know a lot about the Canadian legal world.

Back to the subject at hand - what if you framed the tournament story in terms of what that meant to you, or how it inspired you later in life? My understanding of applications generally is that they want to see people with passion and drive and energy and they REALLY want to see flawless writing, but within those criteria anything will do - there is no "silver bullet" essay that is an automatic acceptance.
My numbers aren't great which is why I'm stressing out so much about these statement. I figure my GPA and LSAT score put me in the mix for the final quarter of spots and I figure putting those in perspective with the 30 odd hours per week I worked and the 12 hours per week of coaching will give me a legitimate shot at making it in. I have a pretty good idea what I want to put into the statement, I just can't find a way to start it off. That and I've been procrastinating for a while.