View Single Post
Old
06-29-2004, 10:57 AM

vCash: 500
It's kind of hard to make up the lines as there's so much intangibles with the Habs next year, will Kovalev be back? which player from Hamilton is ready to make the jump, there are a few...is Langdon coming back, if not, who will fill his role? Sundstrom? Bouillon?...anyways, there's alot of questions but if I had to make a lineup it would look at little like this...

If Kovalev resigns...

Zednik-Koivu-Kovalev
Hossa-Ribeiro-Ryder
Bulis-Bonk-Ward
Bégin-Lapèrrière-Langdon
Dagenais-Plekanec

Markov-Komisarek
Souray-Brisebois
Hainsey-Rivet
Beauchemin

Theo-Huet

The consensus around here is that Ian Lapèrrière will sign with the Habs, so even though I don't want to yet, i'll include himm in the lineup...I also think that Plekanec is a shoe in to make the team next year ahead of Chris Higgins as IMO, I would give him at least another 30 games in the AHL before bringing him up full time, Plekanec is out most ready NHL prospect, even ahead of Hossa IMO

If Kovalev does not resign

Hossa-Koivu-Zednik
Plekanec-Ribeiro-Ryder
Bulis-Bonk-Ward
Bégin-Lapèrrière-Langdon
Dagenais

Markov-Komisarek
Souray-Brisebois
Hainsey-Rivet

The 1st line has shown good chemistry before and with the Hossa-Zednik slovakian connection, I wouldn't be surprised to see that click again, worst comes to worst, you flip Bulis and Hossa...Plekanec is a C/LW so i don't see any problem with him on the second line, the rest is self explanatory...

As for the defense, I'd be tempted to do Markov-Rivet and Souray-Komisarek...but I have a feeling a Hainsey-Brisebois pairing would cause too many heart attacks among fans, especially on this board