View Single Post
Old
10-07-2008, 05:31 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoar View Post
This is gonna bring me off-topic.

Beaker it's because you are looking at the numbers on paper. Empirical evidence my ass, I'm talking about observing the source directly. Open your eyes.

C'mon man -- if you've got any tapes of last year, stick 'em in, watch again. Are the number of called infractions about the same? Yeah!

Does the number of infractions (esp. obstruction / holding / hooking) that are getting ignored go up in the playoffs? HELL YES!

That is why 5 on 5 play counts for more in the playoffs, not how good your PP is.

(See, if you're gonna make an argument, do it in big letters! Empirical evidence is for suckers!)

On topic: Clearly if you watch the playoffs there's an "equalizing" policy that favours teams who need to clutch and grab to stay in the game. I calling it the "Western Whistle policy". How will our defense hold up when our forwards are all given the green light and the six D we have are tasked with shutting down Crobsy, Malkin, Datsyuk, Hossa, etc. etc. ?

Do we have the right D? If not, what changes should be made to make this corps more effective in the playoffs?
See i think its that PP% goes down in the playoffs that makes the 5 on 5 play more important... there are a number of reasons for this...

Playing the same team 4-7 games in a row you can put together a more effective PK strategy, you can focus specifically on your opponent, you get to look at them every game and adapt, rather than seeing a new look every two days.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote