View Single Post
Old
10-08-2008, 02:21 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
That's apples to oranges. I'm talking about icing the best defensive unit possible.

In terms of the powerplay. IMHO I believe that having a guy with the threat of a big shot who can also dish it of well (which we have in Salo) is move valuable to the powerplay than a pure elite passer on the back end (MA Bergeron?).
We have some solid 2-way Dmen, you would want to get rid of them, you would want to add to them. Salo would still be firing cannons on the PP, just he'd be getting fed even better opportunities. The player picked up has to make sense, I'm not talking about picking up a 1-way defensive liability.

Our PP was 18th last year IIRC, only differences this year are coaching staff, Bernier and Demitra. So far it's looking better than last year, but the real proof will come during the season. The team looks solid pretty much though out, but if I had to pick 2 areas to upgrade I think a quality Dman with some combination of PPQB/offense/skating/puck carrying ability and/or 2nd liner are the ones to look for. We have the cap space available for making a smart move. If it happens it happens, if not so be it.

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote