View Single Post
Old
10-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I don't like ties for the simple fact that the trap game was used so much in the last half of the game. I like the new exciting game just as much as the old game.. and it really excels with our club right now.

I do think a 3-2-1-0 system is the best.

3 wins for a regulation win, 2 for an OT/Shootout win, 1 for an OT/Shootout loss, and 0 for a regulation loss.

It'll make the game more exciting because teams will be going for the extra point in regulation. If they don't get it there, they'll try in OT for the extra point again.

People are saying it's flawed because we could beat Pittsburgh 4-3 in OT, while beating Toronto 5-0.. we get more points for the lesser win. This is true. However, all teams are going to be playing weaker teams and every team plays each other.

They could also change the schedule to play each team 3 times for an 87 game schedule.

But then that would completely eliminate divisional rivalries.

I think the league has its heart set on that, so will probably never do that.

Also, this would cost much more to all teams for travel expenses, and the bottom line would be less profits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Hab_Fan View Post
whats wrong with the simpler, don't give a point to a team that loses in OT?
I do agree with that.

But keep the tie points for when they reach the shootout, and the winner of the SO gets another point.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-08-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote