View Single Post
Old
10-10-2008, 01:55 PM
DontStepanMe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
i would have to say one of the main reasons the rangers have been in the playoffs the past 3 years has to be renney......lets be honest, if the rangers played a wide open style of game the past few years they wouldnt have been anywhere near the playoffs....even with hank in net
we had a wide open style the first year after the lockout. that was not a defensively responsible team at all from what I remember. The last two years we were defensively good and that got us into the playoffs and that Renney did have something to do w/. but he has never been known for his offensive mind and sometimes his line combos, or who's on the ice at certain times is extremely mind boggling. Such as his love last year to put the 4th line on when we are losing and have an offensive zone faceoff w/ under 5 minutes. We weren't going to make the playoffs last year, until Jagr decided to turn it up at the end. that wasn't Renney's coaching. that was Jagr carrying us at the end w/ Dubi. But again he was constantly changing the first line wing though between Straka and Avery. he needs to let some lines just play together and gel. this is the third game in and we changed 3 lines already, after we won 2 games. dominated them. We just didn't capitalize on chances. Voros is not that type of player to capitalize on scoring chances. I don't think great coaches change lines as much.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote