View Single Post
Old
10-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Sorry...

back on topic - in theory, a line of Voros-Dubi-Zherdev actually sounds quite good. I personally cannot tell you how it will do considering we do not know much about Voros, who at 27, has 7 NHL goals and now is expected to pllay 16 minutes largely as a result of him getting a point in the last game, a point in which it's tough to tell he did much. Ideally, that lines not your second line with Dawes-Korps-Cally backing you up, however, as that line reminds me a bit of McKay-Holik-Brylin, minus the checking and increasing the skill somewhat, but the concept is two grinders to keep the puck in the zone/wreak havoc in front of the net and a skilled guy to help bring the puck up ice and get open for shots on goal. Does Voros have the skill? In his best pro season he netted 16 goals (AHL). He's 27 with 7 NHL goals. I'm not sure what comparison was made to Graves, but by the time Graves was 27 he topped 20 goals three times and 50 goals once. So let's not go there. I understand what Renney's looking for, but just like with Korps playing center, he may be trying to hard to do something that's not there.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote