View Single Post
Old
10-10-2008, 04:20 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
No he doesn't.
He needs to win faceoffs, don't make turnovers, be smart defensively, and try to get offensive zone faceoffs. THAT'S what he needs to do to keep his roster spot, not fight Avery or Neil.

If Avery or Neil wanna talk crap, then Laraque will go piss off Alfie or Spezza or Heatly.
Lapierre doesn't need to fight, and quite frankly, I don't want him too. Did you see his fight vs Talbot??..The guy would get destroyed by Neil. There's absolutely no point in fighting when you know you'll lose. That would actually be giving momentum to the other team for free there, dumb move.
You're right he doesn't have to and nobody is gonna force him but it's always a plus for a 4th line player to be able to drop the gloves sometimes. His fight against Talbot was not that bad, it's his fight against Axelsson that was terrible. Anyway, I think I read somewhere that he took boxing lessons this summer so he will probably fight more now. I don't want him to fight Neil either but if he could fight guys like Ference (5' 11" 189) he would make me like him more and that would help with overall team toughness.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote