View Single Post
10-10-2008, 05:05 PM
[insert joke here]
vCash: 450
Product: Easton Synergy 800c
Reviewer specs:
19 yr. old male, 5'6" and 140 lb. On the ice for hockey once a week and twice a week just skating.
Normal heel, wider forefoot, Lower arch.

Very nice. The foam is nice and soft and the heat molding helps a lot. I never notice them unless I tie the front too tight. Also came with a nice shockdoctor insole that feels and perfoms quite nice.

I like it for the most part, nice and narrow holder to allow you to make sharper cuts, but you need to check the bolts on the runners on occasion, as they've come a bit loose every once in a while.

Pretty nice. The boot is a one piece, pretty thick glass fiber composite, You're not going to be hurting too much blocking shots in these things.

Pretty light, but not the lightest available. These are not the top end skates.

The fabric on the inside of the tendon guard has started to unstitch from the liner on the rest of the inside of the boot, but other then that the only real wear is cosmetic.

If you fit an Easton skate well and are looking for a middle of the line skate, this is a good choice. Fit's quite good, flexibility in the upper keeps a more natural skating stride while not comprising support- a nice feature of Easton's skates. If you're not looking for a decent skate that's also a pretty good value, this is a good choice.

Last edited by cptjeff: 11-16-2008 at 12:38 PM.
cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote