View Single Post
Old
10-10-2008, 11:22 PM
Slick Nick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem View Post
He is, his hockey sense is exceptionnal. He was bashed non stop during pre-season yet was probably one of the best players on the ice tonight. Gave some sick feeds and his backhand pass reception was a thing of beauty. What a wrister too, he just needs to use it more often. The guy should not be playing bottom line minutes, he's way too smart on the ice not to play on the top 2 lines.

Too bad people won't give him the praise he's due because of their hate for one poster.
I totally agree, he made some jaw dropping plays tonight. He also seemed to have great chemistry with Lang. Wouldn't Max Pac look good on that line?

I also don't understand all the negativity I hear and read about tonight's game. I saw some flashes of excellence tonight. The team seemed nervous and rusty, but at times they looked as domminant as the Red Wings have been last year.

The only thing I really didn't like is the PP strategy. I hate to see Markov on the right side. He's at his best on the left point, not only because of his passing skills, backdoor pinching, but because he's so good at stopping clearing attempts... not to mention that he's on natural defensive side if things go wrong. Either can I understand why the A.Kost - Plex - AK aren't used as the first PP unit just like last year. I love Lang and Tanguay, but you don't change a winning combination.

I'd personnally go with the first line and Markov - Sergei (or Breezer) on the first PP (occasionnaly inserting Lang on the left wing). Then give some candy to Koivu, Lang, Tanguay, Higgins, Lats...