View Single Post
Old
10-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Chruceg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
I'm thinking the contracts given to Brown, O'Sullivan and this extension have been great moves by Lomnbardi. Has he won me over with 3 good moves and a really bad hockey team? No. I don't embrace mediocrity or losing. He will win me over if he hands a Kings jersey with 09 on the back to either Tavares or Hedman. Then and only then will the re-build gain the momentum it truly needs. Now on to the season.
I disagree. I think the system is stacked enough as is to provide a solid defensive core for the next several years. Hickey was one of the last cuts during the preseason and imagine next season he will be vying for a legitimate roster spot in the 09-10 season. Teubert will likely follow a similar career path to Hickey and make a serious run at a roster spot in the 10-11 season. By my count that is five extremely solid defensive players. At that point assuming all five turn out to be "just" above average and not one turning into a stud you can go out and get one. Dean has always said that free agency can be done to supplement your team, you just can't build with it.

As for your larger point about disliking Dean over poor seasons no one thinks that the Kings are going to turn everything around this year but a marked improvement would be a step in the right direction. If the Kings are fighting for a playoff spot come April how would you feel then?

EDIT: Completely unrelated to this post but ... I just saw seven years ... HOLY CRAP THAT IS AWESOME.

Chruceg is offline   Reply With Quote