Thread: News Article: Ryan Parent out 12-14 weeks
View Single Post
Old
10-11-2008, 01:51 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah View Post
I see no chance of the Flyers parting with a player of JVR's size and skill level.

Their depth allows them to bring him along at pace that is conducive to his success. And there is no rush for JVR to be a top six forward right away. I think he will be, but there's nothing wrong with him starting on the third line and then working his way up to the first.

It's also far more likely that the Flyers would move other players around to accommodate JVR than vice-versa.
I guess that's where we differ. If you take a look at the forwards drafted after JVR (Voracek, Gagner, Turris, Perron, etc....) they all have top six roles with their clubs. Granted, they fell into the roles because of a lack of depth in some cases, but none the less, they have top six roles. If JVR doesn't start with a top six role in Philadelphia, you can bet that people will scream and will want blood. You don't draft someone 2nd overall just to have them play third line minutes. You're drafting them that high because you expect them to make an impact ASAP.

That's the biggest reason why I think the Flyers will move JVR - there's no top six spot for him. Plus, if trading JVR in a package lands us someone like a Brent Burns or a Dan Hamhuis or a Ryan Suter, then the team becomes exceptionally better as a result. The top four would be set with Timonen / Coburn / Trade Acquisition / Parent. That would leave Eminger, Vannanen, and Jones battle out for the last two spots. To me, anyways, this kind of deal makes all the sense in the world.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote