Thread: News Article: Ryan Parent out 12-14 weeks
View Single Post
Old
10-11-2008, 02:58 PM
mm6492

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I guess that's where we differ. If you take a look at the forwards drafted after JVR (Voracek, Gagner, Turris, Perron, etc....) they all have top six roles with their clubs. Granted, they fell into the roles because of a lack of depth in some cases, but none the less, they have top six roles. If JVR doesn't start with a top six role in Philadelphia, you can bet that people will scream and will want blood. You don't draft someone 2nd overall just to have them play third line minutes. You're drafting them that high because you expect them to make an impact ASAP.

That's the biggest reason why I think the Flyers will move JVR - there's no top six spot for him. Plus, if trading JVR in a package lands us someone like a Brent Burns or a Dan Hamhuis or a Ryan Suter, then the team becomes exceptionally better as a result. The top four would be set with Timonen / Coburn / Trade Acquisition / Parent. That would leave Eminger, Vannanen, and Jones battle out for the last two spots. To me, anyways, this kind of deal makes all the sense in the world.

but there is a spot for him IMO

Gagne-richards-briere
JvR-Carter-Giroux
Lupul-xxx-Hartnell
cote-xxx-xxx

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote