View Single Post
Old
10-12-2008, 06:00 AM
FlyHigh

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
The whole Kukkonen/Kimmo thing is just absurd. Okay Kukkonen sucked it in the first period, but you have to stick with him, Kimmo playing 30 minutes just cannot, cannot continue.

Also, I think Coburn can play more than 20 mins, bump him to 22-23 and put Kimmo in the same range.

Also Jester, Homer has no real way of legislating for 2 huge injuries before the season starts. Going into the year we had Kimmo, Coburn, Parent, Jones, Vaananen, Kukkonen, Eminger, Guenin.

That's 8 guys with NHL experience who are probably NHL quality d-man (jury's still out on Guenin).

Considering that a lot of people were expecting Parent to become a No.4 by season's end, that was a pretty huge blow and I know nobody here is Jones biggest fan, but the guy is a solid No.5 in the league who can give a quality 18 minutes.

In addition, if you think Berard would bring any actual D to this team, you should watch some game tape. Berard doesn't exactly set the world on fire defensively unfortunately.

I dunno, Eminger made mistakes last night for sure, but so did everybody and I think some of the turnovers can be attributed to the fact that it was the 1st game and it's still not clear whether we have a system or not.

The guy looks talented though, he's good-sized, skates well, and doesn't seem afraid to take the body. The talent is obviously there and considering Stevens' previous track record with young guys, I don't think it's too outlandish to assume that Eminger could become a decent contributor.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote