View Single Post
Old
10-12-2008, 11:13 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
You have got to be kidding me, the only thing Kostopoulos has been doing till now is dragging the line down, evreytime he touches the puck he dumps in the corner and trys to get it leaving Lang and S.Kost useless, it's players like that that Latendresse had to endure all year long, i can't wait until Higgins is back, cause him Lang and S.Kost will make the best 3rd line in the NHL. All 3 can put the puck in and all 3 are great defensively. When Laraque comes back i hope Kostopoulos stays out of the line-up, the 4th line mix should be Laraque (lock), Lappierre, Chipchura and Bégin
What you're saying here fits the description of most 3rd/4th liners you'll see playing in the NHL.

And considering is far from having Lang and S.K.'s talent he did good. No huge mistake, no costly penalty either. decent fill-in for Higgins injury.

He did exactly what was asked of him, battle for pucks along the board, stay in front or close to the net, give the puck to the other two so they generate the offense (or dump if no option)

it's not Kostopoulos that is dragging the 3rd line down, it's the other two that are way too good for 3rd liners

Begin ? I dunno what games you were watching this week-end, but NO WAY Kostopoulos needs to be canned so Begin can keep his spot... no way.