View Single Post
Old
10-12-2008, 01:10 PM
Lone Rogue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
Yea I find that OB played really well last 2 games. Must be that people haven't really payed attention much. But I especially find it surprising when he was alone on a 3 on 1 and managed to take the puck away from the other team. HE's improving and I think he's playing well at this moment.
I think he is better this game than Buffalo, but that doesn't mean he has been great. I think people are seriously overrating the guy, but he is under 25 and not Latendresse, so no surprise.

I think O'Byrne has a lot of untapped talent and it comes out at times, but he still makes some serious errors getting out of position or not covering his man properly. However, I'm not asking to get him sent to Hamilton for Weber or anything. He's got the talent, he needs the play time to get it out of him.

This game was fantastic to watch. I really wasn't happy how late in the second until the end of the game we let off a bit. We may have had scorers out there on our PP but they weren't playing full speed. Hockey players are not 8 year olds, theres nothing wrong with a complete blow out.

We played a four line scoring game complimenting a stronger defensive game. We play that way every night, and someone is bound to score, and it won't be the opposition. I'm very excited with this team. I don't just believe in Bob. I also believe in Carbo, and I also believe in the team.

Tonights game proved that people just plain overreact to everything. We got three scoring lines. Some days, one will score. Other days, the other will score.

About Hamrlik: People forget he used to average 40 points a season. Hammer has 2 sixteen goal seasons. He's no slouch.

Halak played a solid game. I'm quite happy with our two goalies. Give Halak the bad teams, give Price the good teams. I'd be more than fine with a 65-17 split (Wanted to see Marc Denis play a few games but with waivers it'll be hard).

I'm still pretty low on Lapierre, but that might be my own biased eyes wanting him kicked to the wing in favour of Chipchura.

Anyway, great game, we're gaining a point (loser point whooo!) in everything, lets keep it up. Philly is next, so no time to relax.