View Single Post
Old
10-12-2008, 03:29 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
I also belive that he will eventually be an assist man. He can make sweet passes. Hopefully he will start crushing people like he did in his first year. He is definetely a player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
I am really high on Latendresse, and yet I am an anglophone, so there goes your narrow-minded theory.

It's not his 'powerforward' potential, it's his scoring potential that makes him such a solid prospect.

What an idiotic thread.
Good points. Detroit also had datsyuk and Zetterberg at a discount. If Price breaks through the Habs will have Price, Lats, Higgins, Komi, Titts 1 and Titts 2, Halak, Plecs all making less than they eventually will with Markov, obyrne and Gorges a possibility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
In the NHL with the cap, in order to win you have to develop at the same time, usually the teams that have won in the cap world have had very good young players making less than market value(not yet UFA/RFA or signed early) being key producers. 2 years ago Anaheim had Getzlaf and Kunits in their top 6 making 2 mil or so combined. Last year Detroit had Kronvall Filippula and Franzen not making a lot.

Last year the Kostitsyns played welland contributed and the team was patient when they had growing pains. Price also.

Lats is a lot like Ryder but more well rounded, he is reliant on a playmaking center. Ryder saw his offense drop when he was no longer with Koivu. A guy like S.Kost Tanguay or Higgins can play on just about any line as they give you a bit of everything and are more playmakers than scorers. A.Kost is a finisher but he is better at carrying the puck and beating guys one on one than Lats so he can score that way.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-12-2008 at 11:00 PM.