View Single Post
Old
10-12-2008, 08:34 PM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
I'd have to agree that instinctive play is what he depends upon. He is not afraid of getting into traffic which shows up in the fact that he has 6 hits only behind Komi's 11 for the Habs. But he is not a crease crasher, never has been and I'm not sure he ever will be. You are more likely to see a shot or a pass

Anyway i am still surprised by the defensive side. there were folks in Jr who knocked sergei and sam and pat for totally ignoring defense. Well that was never true, but you don't want scorers to spend too much time in a checking role either. But out of those three guys Sergei has played the D side best in the bigs
I think he can easily be a Ray Whitney type of player, where he can be productive for a long time. He has the skills and the cleverness, but with his penchant for getting his nose dirty and getting in faces now and then, I suspect he can be a bit more than that. His upside might be high enough that I hope Muller or Kovalev or whoever is charged with staying on the kid, does so.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote