View Single Post
Old
10-12-2008, 08:53 PM
Oilers Chick
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
Well, what a disastrous start! Hockey East pretty well had their way with the 2 WCHA teams, but it wasn't all bad:

The good: The offense did what it needed to do. They were pretty well stymied by UNHs goalie last night but generated plenty of quality chances. The new kids looked good. Jordy Murray had a good weekend and Springer and Little did well but made some freshaman mistakes. Not bad for your 1st game being against the #1 team. Connelly was outstanding on Friday in goal considering he was pretty much left on his own by the D. Gudmandson made some key saves but I think he lost his edge by being similarly abandoned by his team.

The bad: The defense didn't realize you shut down opponents by reputation alone. They were sloppy and careless both games.

The downright nasty: the powerplay flat out sucked posting a big goose egg for the weekend. Not only that, they fell into last seasons bad habits of giving up short handed breakaways. The penalty kill was equally atrocious.

I'll be happy if the team manages to break even in October. They'll need a much better effort next week or DU will flog them.
I can see being beaten by BC, but UNH??? No disrespect to the Wildcats fans here but, I thought Bucky would win the back end of this road trip.

Looking forward to catching DU & UW this coming weekend. It should be a good one.