View Single Post
Old
10-13-2008, 09:40 AM
MikeyLikesHockey

vCash: 500
actually...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Ok so seriously Saying Dawes is done here is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard............they guy has played 3 games this yr for god sakes..............and he played well last yr.........AND he will get back to normal

Now Prucha I understand , he may as well be moved ASAP and just bring up a cheap 7th Dman in his spot already
Actually, saying any single player is not replaceable , especially a young player that has yet to actually make a mark in the league or proove anything past a potentially flukey season is much dumber.

By your standard I can say, Prucah has played well 3 years ago, its only 3 games in give him a chance.

Dawes as a young player had his chance this year, in preseason, in the first 4 games , he has not made his mark. Same with Prucha.

Neither player has found any comfort on the 2nd or 3rd line. Or shown any of the upside they have had in the past.

Keeping players when you can get something for them now vs nothing if you try to send them through waivers, is actually dumber.

Considering also, Sjostrom has played well, Rismiller scored in his first game in the real lineup, and Fritche has played much better than Dawes or Prucha did last year spells volumes. Oh did you hear that, that was the buzzer, their time is up.

I expect Renney to give them both one more shot, then Sather pulls the trigger on a deal. Calls up a 7th man for D and starts rotating Kalinin with Potter.

But then again, being dumb would be not knowing when to pull the trigger on a deal like that.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote