View Single Post
Old
07-01-2004, 02:44 AM
broman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
where do you guys think Selanne will end up??
Montreal is a serious possibility, if Kovalev won't back down on his demands. I'd expect Selanne to be available for half the $6M Alex is asking. The Koivu connection is an opportunity, they've clicked before and should be able to repeat the feat. Teemu always said a top center is a priority for him, and having Theodore between the pipes shouldn't hurt either considering the role of a hot goalie in recent Cup runs.

LA remains another favorite of mine, mostly because of the Orange Co home that the family loves. If Ziggy calls it quits and lands with NYR for instance, I would think they'd consider Teemu as a useful cheaper option, a marquee name that still draws the crowds. Also Kings PP positively sucked last season, and Selanne should improve that column. In LA Kariya-Selanne Mark II could be a possibility as well.

Florida perhaps? Money shouldn't be a problem, they've tied up so little with their roster so far. The Finnish connection is there to be found as well and while that hasn't been much of a factor for Teemu in the past, there's the family angle once again, the wives would like the life on the road much better with familiar company. And with Teemu family is a major factor.

Outside shot goes to Bruins. They've showed interest in Teemu before, and like Panthers they've got spare change left from their salary structure so far. Although if Teemu wasn't tempted before, what has changed since? Flyers are another former suitor but somehow I think they've got their hands full with aging stars as it is. Finally, there's Nashville, another up-and-coming team that I think should warrant consideration, especially if Timonen puts in a good word for them.