View Single Post
Old
10-13-2008, 10:28 AM
FlyHigh

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Okay just a couple things.

1) I think nearly everybody was expecting Parent to become a 2nd pairing D by some point this season, I personally have said I expected it after around Game 50 and I thought it would be huge because he's the type of guy that will be able to play 21-22 solid minutes per night.

2) How do you know Holmgren didn't try to do anything? I mean, D right now is at a premium. Would you have been happy with a Lupul for Ohlund trade or something like that? The Flyers were definitely in the J-Bouw sweepstakes, I think it's obvious Holmgren has tried to improve, but top-4 D are just crazy expensive right now.

3) We've been over the Eminger on WSH situation 500x, Boudreau wanted a top-4 (Green, Poti, Schultz, Morrison) and then an extra 2 thugs (Jurcina, Erskine) for the bottom pairing. Also, Eminger is just a classic, classic needs a change of scenery type guy. I think his decision-making needs some work, but I think you can attribute that to a lot of things, he wasn't the only guy out there making mistakes. The key for him is confidence IMO.

4) I'm also a Vaananen believer, especially after seeing him last night, he won't give us much offensively, but he moves pretty well and is solid in his own end.

5) Injuries definitely happen, but I think it's unfair for Holmgren to expect 2 14-week injuries before the season even starts, that's definitely a strong kick in the teeth.

Anyways, it'll be interesting so see how the situation plays out in the future.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote