Thread: Proposal: Leafs-Oilers
View Single Post
Old
10-13-2008, 12:30 PM
Traktor*

vCash: 500
The only deals that would make sense between the 2 clubs would be if Edmonton trades a roster player for a center or Edmonton packaging a couple young prospects for a higher end prospect or 1st round pick.

If Toronto doesn't want to take a player like Moreau or Pisani back in return for Steen/Stajan deal then I don't see a deal in the works.

If Toronto looks like their 2nd round pick is going to be in the 30-35 range then maybe Edmonton sends Schremp away. Or Possibly Edmonton moves 3 of Brule, Schremp, Chorney, Petry, Trukhno, Smid for a potential lottery pick.

Other than that I don't see a deal unless it's mid-round picks for B grade prospects.

Roli is off the books next year and Edmonton is not in cap trouble so please stop proposing Edmonton give up valuable assets for dumping Roli.

Edmonton already has 15 million invested in 3 defensemen for the next 4 years minimum. Kubina flat out isn't an option.

Garon is arguably a better goaltender than Toskala or at least on par with Toskala. The thought process of Edmonton moving valuable assets to "upgrade" to Toskala is wishful thinking at best. And what an inept GM who was fired paid to acquire Toskala has no barring on his actual value today.

I think that covers it.

Traktor* is offline   Reply With Quote