View Single Post
Old
10-13-2008, 12:29 PM
Olympic nut

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy London Ranger View Post
The closest analogy I can make is that he played like the Gentle giant Kjell Samuelson of the Rangers, Flyers and Pens. He has good reach, he will be defensively responsible and he will give you good service and likely to be either even or plus player. I can't imagine how much you would have to pay for him, but I reckon it wouldn't be that much adn for that I think he is a good acquisiton.
I had been about to say the same thing! Malik plays a lot like "Seaweed", which makes sense in that they have similar physical gifts. He's not as physical as Samuelsson was, but neither was the Swede a pounder. On the other hand, he's much, much better with the puck and generally makes a very good outlet pass. In the "new" NHL, it's hard to say if he really can keep up anymore -- he's not a young man.

Another thing about Malik I wanted to mention is that he's apparently a great personality, very very funny and generally known to be very popular in the dressing room. I think the earlier poster was wrong, Malik is a guy who loves to win and is well-liked by his teammates.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote