View Single Post
Old
10-13-2008, 05:37 PM
goalchenyuk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Latendresse didn't score the majority of his goals with Dandenault, Smolinski and Kostopolous either. Goto canadiens.com and look over the games that Latendresse scored in. A lot of those goals were going onto the ice when Koivu, Markov, Kovalev, Plekanec, etc. were still on the ice.

Latendresse is a better player when he has better players with him, no question about it. But when Koivu and Higgins spend so much time working together during the season and in the pre-season, and Latendresse spends a lot of time on Lang's wing, its better to keep those combinations together until its clear they are not working.
The argument works also on the other way ; If Latendresse would have played all the season with the top players , he would have had a lot more goals than the 16 he got . Maybe it would have been more than the 27 goals of Higgins .

And i am going to say something againts the general beleif ; i don't think that Higgins and Koivu are working so welll together . If you look at their productions last season , you will see that they needed the PP to get their points , but were ineffective most of the time at ES . Higgins was more productive when he was playing with AKos and Plekanec the previous season . I think that Koivu- Latendresse worked as much as Koivu-Higgins . I would like to know the players Koivu would select to play with him . I wouldn't surprised to see Latendresse on his short list , even more now that he's faster

Last edited by goalchenyuk: 10-13-2008 at 05:44 PM.
goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote