View Single Post
Old
10-14-2008, 10:07 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
As much as I would love to see Bouwmeester on the right side of Hammer, I'm not sure I'd give up Mcdonough for a player that may only play for a short time in Montreal. He wants big big bucks and our top 3 will already be earning big bucks next year.

If Fischer continues to improve, he could be packaged at the deadline along with Chipchura for a top 2 defenseman (Bouwmeester) if O'B falters or injuries happen. I personally have been impressed with O'B and Goerges, less so by Brisebois, who has trouble competing physically.
If we were to get a Bouwmeester it would only be as a rental. Unless the prices for UFA d-men drop, I don't see us trading for a guy of that calibre AND signing him. One way to recuperate some value is to trade his rights at the draft so a team can sign him before UFA status.

Say you trade McDonagh and a lesser prospect(White or Wyman) for Bouwmeester at the deadline or sooner. Then at the draft trade JB's rights for a 2nd and 4th rounders to a team looking to add him as a UFA. That way you at least recuperate 1/2 or 1/3 of what you paid, lessening the cost.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote