View Single Post
Old
07-01-2004, 07:23 PM
I in the Eye

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers guy
Massive overpayment on the Canucks end...
Yes, it's overpayment... but it's not every day the Canucks have an opportunity to get a player like Scott...

And the only way we'll get Scott is if he wants to be here via UFA...

IMO, Koltsov + 2nd is worth the risk... If the Canucks outbid NJ to get Rob, IMO, there is a very good chance that Scott will become an UFA next year...

If Lou is indeed looking to acquire Rob, Lou knows that Scott wants to play elsewhere (and probably closer to home)... Lou can't move Scott's home town into NJ, but he can move his brother... and that just may be the motivation Scott needs to sign a long term deal with NJ...

IMO, the Canucks should try and block this from happening... at worse (i.e. if the price for Rob becomes too high), it at least punishes NJ for screwing things up for Vancouver (and at least the Canucks really tried to do everything they could to get Scott here) - which would at least bring a little amount of joy...

IMO, the offer of Koltsov + 2nd is worth it... it gives us a much better opportunity to get Scott via UFA (the chance to play in his home town and his brother) and it gets us Rob...