View Single Post
Old
10-15-2008, 06:58 AM
Gros Bill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Read your previous post.

Look, it's become acceptable for sport fans to behave like lobotomized idiots at a nazis or KKK rally. It's not just Habs' fans or hockey fans. Alright, I simply ignore it. But don't come on this board and tell me that you think you're contributing to the team. Or that you paid your ticket and you have a right to do what you want.

Because with that logic, I pay my taxes: federal, provincial and municipal so I have a right to go to the local government office and boo and insult the works there. Or I can throw insults at the garbage pickers when they pass by my house. I pay my taxes, I have a right to take a crap on the corner. Somehow the logic used by sports fans to act like a swarm of baboons in heat doesn't seem to work in the rest of society.

Do you work? Would you like it if I came to your job and threw insults in your face because i didn't like the way you did your work? And don't give me the B.S. that they're paid millions of dollars.

It all comes down to why do we watch hockey? I watch it because I wanna see the sport played at its best by the best athletes. I would prefer that the Habs win but I won't begrudge the opposing team their moments of glory. you watch it for some other reason. To each their own I guess.
I think you're being pretty rough on baboons.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote