View Single Post
Old
10-15-2008, 11:56 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
First - lets stop saying Koistenen "sucks". He doesn't. He isn't a number 1, a number 2, or heck, even a number 4. However, he is a decent number 5/6 defender who has the ability to be a bonus on the PP. Now, he has obvious issues - skating stands out....as does his tendency to let people skate past him in the defensive zone.

Second - Klein obviously has some knocks on him as well, yet, he is easily more talented than Koistenen and Zanon and just about every aspect of their game.

Third - Trotz has always rewarded the hard workers, i.e. his practice warriors to a fault. We know that.

Lastly - I think that at some point Klein is going to get the spot full time. It may take an injury, but it is clear that Poile does not want to give up on Klein regardless of Trotz's tendencies.

I disagree that Koistinen has even offensive merit. His passing on the PP is rushed and often shows poor judgement. His skating hurts him in regard to staying open, and he's worse than Zidlicky at holding the puck in. He reminds me of Zids in some ways...but at a level that I think would only shine through in the minors.

I speak somewhat out of frustration with Trotz and the way he does things..but remember I think Trotz should have been fired two seasons ago. I do think Klein is being subjected to what we've seen in the past, and it IS frustrating because he is clearly better than a lot of people that are playing over him.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote