Thread: Value of: Steve Ott and Philippe Boucher
View Single Post
Old
10-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
We don't need an agitator/enforcer back for Ott. We have *gulp* Avery and Barch. Nor do we need another winger past his prime or young/bottom pairing D-man.

Ideally, Dallas would hope to get either a strong 2nd pair defensive defenseman with some physical prowess (a few more years experience in the league would be great), or a serviceable 1st/2nd line right shot forward, but that may not be doable with just Boucher and Ott.

Dallas would also ideally like to shed some salary, as Boucher + Ott is about 4 (duhr cannot add) million for the rest of the season (edit: making it slightly harder to move parts around to get the machine rolling). And looking at nhlnumbers... well I can't really find a good place to put Boucher and Ott.

Boucher is also a UFA next season, and is currently healthy, whether or not he will stay that way, is uncertain.

In short, we have a now healthy veteran offensive UFA to be d-man, and a young, scrappy, more well rounded agitator for trade.

I also highly suspect that neither will be moved this season for players, and Boucher will be allowed to walk at the end of the season.

Ott for Stajan? I'm all over this like a mod on a fakepost.

Last edited by Frozen Failure: 10-15-2008 at 08:44 PM.
Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote