View Single Post
Old
10-16-2008, 06:59 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Pretty much. Lucky we got the win in SO.

As for the whole Tenderness stuff, he has been playing better but in the end, as mentioned, it has to do a lot with Koivu. Guillaume still has rock hands most of the time and missed a couple of nice set-ups that Higgins would have likely hit the post on.
Fixed. 'Cause one ridiculous statement is no worse than another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
On another issue, has Carbo mentioned why he double shifted Kovalev in place of Laraque at times last night?
I've read quotes from Kovalev's previous coaches who have stated that Kovalev would stay on the whole game if they let him. In a link I posted yesterday (?) I think it was mentioned that after staying out too long (according to the coach) the coach sarcastically told him to stay out when he approached the bench... like 5 times.

It wasn't until after the game (in the dressing room) that he found out it wasn't a reward for his play, the coach was probably just trying to make him puke or make a point.

Anyhoo, he's a guy who likes to play a lot, it was a close game, and he looked close to breaking something out a few times. I wouldn't look too much into it other than an opportunity to give one of your best players more ice time to ensure a win for the home opener.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 10-16-2008 at 08:31 AM.