10-17-2008, 10:31 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

vCash: 500
Calgary Businessman Brett Wilson Interested in Stake in Preds

On the Forecheck article

Globe & Mail article

Quote:
"Would I be interested in buying into the Predators? In a heartbeat, yeah," said Wilson, who is also known across Canada as a panelist on the CBC television show Dragons' Den. "The NHL knows I'm interested. I've supplied all the paperwork. Once Boots's share is free, we'll try to finalize an opportunity. My ownership unit would be nominal."
Quote:
"I have several businesses there and real estate. I happen to like the city and the NHL and no one else invited me to play," Wilson explained, noting how his money, had he bought into the Predators, "would have ended up in Boots's pocket. I was buying a portion of his share."
Quote:
"The Boots saga doesn't bother me at all. He's a shareholder who can't pay his bills. What's happening in the broad markets that scares me," Wilson said. "But I like what Nashville is going to do and has done. I've been to several games there. It's a good team with a low payroll and enthusiastic fans."

Wilson is part-owner of the Diamond Jaxx and Derby County FC, partnering in both ventures with Freeman. He also says that they have "done a lot of deals on handshakes."

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote