View Single Post
Old
10-17-2008, 12:09 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
C'mon...you can't be that thick can you?

I'll spell it out for you then.

This is what you said...and I added the bolded parts.

You sound like a pretty intelligent guy otherwise so I know that you're not that thick...

Here's something first hand from someone closer to all this.

http://www.faceoff.com/hockey/teams/...s%2fstory.html

Excerpt:

But Alex Kovalev said the Canadiens had only themselves to blame for the fact they had to go to a shootout before beating the Bruins, 4-3, in the team's home opener at the Bell Centre.

"I think we just continued what we were doing last year when we took the lead," Kovalev said of the Canadiens' listless play after going ahead 3-0 in the first period. "Instead of playing 60 minutes, we sat on the lead. We have to keep playing like we did in the first period.

"We did it last year and it cost us and cost us tonight," said Kovalev. "It's something we should learn to correct real quick while it's still early in the season."

At least we have players who understand this...now let's see if the coach has learned from his mistakes last year and adjust his strategies as needed.

Yeah but you still got Beaker's retort all wrong. Whatever way you wanna put it, good teams, winning teams, find a way to win. Are you that thick to not understand this? Are you that thick to not understand that this is only the 4th game of the season and that your conclusions are truly premature and a case of typical alarmist pessimistic overreaction?

No, I didn't think so.