View Single Post
Old
10-17-2008, 01:02 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanyMontrealExpat View Post
If there is a mobility issue with him, what is he doing to address it? Is he improving over time? If so, and it turns out that he's coachable in this and other regards, just view him as a work-in-progress. It's clear that a guy like Lats felt the pressure to improve, and acted accordingly. It's apparent that Chip has other qualities that justify being somewhat patient with him.

It's great for the Habs to be in this situation. Ideally, I'd like for Gainey to keep much of this core intact, and sign the likes of Komisarek, Tanguay, Koivu, Kovalev and Plekaneks, during the course of the season, at the risk of breaking his pattern of not resigning players during the season. If Chip forces his way into this core, more power to him.
I liked what I saw from him in the preseason in regards to his skating/mobility/foot speed. His speed isn't that bad but he needs to work on his first step quickness. That said he's great at protecting the puck as he's got good strength to go with his good smarts. (if he only had Lappy's wheels!) I'll likely see almost every Hamilton game so I'll keep an eye out for him and see how he looks over the course of the year. Of course I expect to see him back with the Habs at some point, his cap hit hurts though (which should be adjusted over the summer to something more friendly)

I'd also love to see him work on getting more power in his shot, although I can't say I noticed his shot in the preseason off the top of my head, but it's been a concern imo in the past.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote