View Single Post
Old
10-17-2008, 05:05 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
In both of your examples you have no Harrold, no Martinez and no Quincey. I think at least one of those players will be more valuable than Greene will. So do the Kings trade away a better defenseman in order to keep Greene in the top 4?
Out of Harrold, Martinez and Quincey only Quincey looks to play a shut down role. Harrold looks like a child. Martinez is supposed to be a two-way guy. We need shutdown dmen too! Who else, besides Greene and Tuebert do we have to fill that role???

We need AT LEAST two of those types of dmen, if not 3. Like I said, Bagnall and Piskula are the only other two I can think of who could possibly fill this role, and I don't think ANYONE can make the argument that that either of those guys is as good as Greene.

And yes, at some point we will have to trade away a defenseman. That's the idea of stockpiling the talent, so that we have options. We let Hickey, Voynov, Harrold, Martinez and maybe Drewiske and Quincey fight it out for the next few years, then we trade the weaker links for more picks so that we can refresh the system so that in 4 or 5 years when we can't afford them all anymore, we have cheap talent waiting in the wings.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote