View Single Post
Old
10-17-2008, 06:19 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post
In my humble opinion, BG doesnt keep lapierre in mtl because of his contract ... I don't buy that. if he was good enough to start here, he would have started the season at laps place...

there are plenty of ways to create space for him, starting with dandy on waivers, lapierre could have been 13th forward in that case... ect ...

I totally agree he needs to develop more... I never said otherwise... and I wish for him to rebound... cause he has more potentail than lapierre... but I think he knows that , instead of just working twice as hard than anybody to get a reg. spot. ...

A lot of people thought he was 2nd line potential ... it was even discussed on rds , ckac ...ect ... last year ... , that's beside the fact that a lot of posters here have reffered to him as a 2nd line potential... if you werent aware of that... well that part of the post wasn't important...

He did look good in preseason, but that obviously wasn't enough ... I got the feeling he played well during the detroit game, but that was it...
I think there is an argument that they like Dandy's ability to be both forward and defence... and that he is a better option in the pressbox than Chipchura/Lappierre. They were gonna keep him for those reasons.

I also think the waiver thing was a big deal... no need to lose an asset for nothing if you don't have to... that was bigger than the contract status.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote