View Single Post
Old
10-17-2008, 08:46 PM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
Point taken... Hamrlik maybe isn't a better player, but his effect on this team is bigger. Koivu's case is arguable, in fact.

Anyway, the point is, and I'm sure you'll agree with me, that Tanguay is one of the best players of the Habs hands down. He's not a complementary player. He's a difference maker on our offense core... Saku looks way more comfortable so far this year, because he doesn't feel like he has to do everything.
I'm really interested in what Tanguay does this year. I liked the deal, but part of me figured he was acquired because he was the guy we could get, moreso than the guy that we wanted.

I'm in wait and see mode with him. You believe in the guy, that's fine. I like his skills, but I want to see if he can be a guy who makes a difference in the outcome of a game. I thought he was excellent Wednesday, in all facets of the game. It was the first time that I've liked his game, esp. 5 on 5. The Leafs game was a nice stats night, but I thought it didn't mean that he played great, just put up points.

So, I agree that he is at the top of the heap in terms of skills but he has to show that he can be what I call a stand alone forward, a guy who doesn't need to put in certain situations.

Let's face it, we can point to Keenan or Sutter all we want, it's up to Tanguay to show his worth at this point.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote