View Single Post
Old
10-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Lone Rogue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
To be honest, last year, I hated Higgins because I was not accepting what he was bringing to the team because I wanted him to bury on all his scoring chances... and I was frustrated at times because so many guys were overating him (comparing him to Iginla).
How you guys would have ever survived the 80's, I have no clue.

I mean, I was too young then, but when you look at players back then, guys like Gretzky would score 50 goals on 400 shots (not factual stat, just what I remember). I mean, there were a lot of guys firing the puck 300+ times and some of them wouldn't bury 50, they'd bury 30. There were some crazy shooters back then, and that wasn't with the defensive traps we have today. That's why goalies had such high GAA's back then, because they faced a barrage of shots and would eventually allow 3 or 4.

Higgins has a low shooting percentage due to the amount of shots he takes (11% last season) but I don't care how many chances he takes, as long as he buries. He buried 27 times. 27. That is, by no means, a bad number. Or even a good number. That's a great number. He was Top 50 last season in all NHL players. Better than Jagr. Better than St. Louis. Better than Zheredev. Better than Semin. Better than Getzlaf. Even with Horton. One goal less than Carter. Two goals less than Richards, Hossa and Dumont.

Think about that.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote