View Single Post
Old
10-18-2008, 09:47 AM
Toro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Yep, sure the Habs have Maxwell but if Gainey could land a top center prospect for Halak that might do it for me.
Ok for fun, lets say on December 23rd or whenever this season, Gainey does what you suggest.

Who backs up Price? so what do you deal away to get a quality backup?

Toskala played for years behind and with at times Nabakov.
Bryzgalov played behind Gigure for years.
Kipper played behind Nabakov for years(not sure how long )

there are other examples as well, they were very effective and not dealt untill absolutely necessary. Burke let Bryzgalov walk cause of a promise, but after he played behind Gigure for years!!!

Halak is still very young and will play behind Price for a few years, not a few months.

there are other depth guys that can be dealt for said top 4 Dman or whatever at the deadline, and only if we need it. I'm not sold on the fact that we need anything. I'm happy with the team as is and with the guys trying to make the team. Trading Halak is way counterproductive. After trading a guy like that who the hell replaces him, cause that is the one position we don't have serious depth at. Denis is crap, and Desjardins is still young and trying to prove himself at the AHL level. For that matter so is Denis.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote