View Single Post
Old
10-19-2008, 11:24 AM
emb24*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
It blows MY mind how people make these trades without looking at cap space!

You would have to move more than Higgins for Gabby folks...and not just a prospect! A front line player!!!!!!

Three other major points you failed to make.

1. Gaborik has a history of injuries.
2. He has already REJECTED a 7 million plus offer over a number of years...even if Montreal traded for him, you'd have to loose 2 good 30 plus scorers to keep 1 often injured 50 goal scorer!
3. People don't give this much thought, but its important....HIGGINS WANTS to be here...potential captain material and his off ice commitment to keep in shape and train is right the with Komo... this should INCREASE his career longevity.

Why would you trade a guy who is just STARTING to score 27 plus last year and he hasn't reached his potential yet... for a potential 50 goal scorer for ONE YEAR who you probably have no chance of resigning.

Would I try for Gaborik if he's truly on the market...of course I would; knowing its a rental, so the payment would be for that not a member of our core team who is just beginning to realize his potential. A combo of 2nd tier prospects, picks and any 3rd 4th line player that Minny would want would be my best offer, any I'm sure other teams in the league would top that based on short sighted thinking.

Thank God Gainey is building a winner for the long haul and is not short sighted.

IN 2-3 years your forwards could start with a BASE of YOUNGSTERS like this.

A.Kots
S. Kots
Higgins
Lats
MaxPac
Maxwell

with money to sign vets after koivu and kovy are no longer with the team.

As other posters mentioned...we need one more puck moving Dman... because if Markov goes down, who is moving the puck to our forward AND manning the point on the PP.

That is our ONLY need right now.
great post, too bad the gaggle of fantasy league GM's don't listen

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote