View Single Post
Old
10-20-2008, 01:18 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

vCash: 500
A repost of my observations from the NP.com boards (everything is a bit time-sensitive so forgive the "tonights.")

Hopefully Legwand's goal will give him a bit of spark offensively. He still seemed to struggle at times tonight, but he's making strides in the right direction.

Jones is really starting to look like an NHL player now. I was very impressed with him tonight.

I simply cannot say enough good things about Bonk's play right now. He really deserves more points than what he has right now. He also really seems to be clicking with Ward.

Weber played the kind of game we're going to need him to keep playing. Outstanding performance from him.

I really hope Hörnqvist can start burying pucks soon. He shows me something new every time I see him on the ice. He's already got 14 shots so you figure they have to start falling for him at SOME point or another. Same for Dumont - he's generating a lot of chances but something is just a bit off and he can't quite find the net the way he should be. Arnott's return will hopefully be a big help to both of them.

The lack of Tarnasky in the lineup has caused several guys to step up and play with a little more edge, and De Vries is one of them. I think he should do this even with Tarnasky in the lineup, as it adds another dimension to what is a very limited game to begin with, and it might make up for those instances where he just stands there staring at the puck like he did tonight.

I thought Ellis was unspectacular but he got the job done. He made several big saves when we needed them, including Nash's breakaway (off an AWFUL Hamhuis turnover).

I'd also like to again state that I'm not a proponent of having Koistinen in the lineup on a regular basis. I know the organization love him, but he got completely manhandled on Nash's goal.

I saw a ton of family at the game tonight, which was a pleasant surprise. Maybe they should come more often.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote